On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 9:26 AM Juergen Schoenwaelder <
j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> My understanding is that a <get> returns the leafs that exist and that
> are not filtered.

Yes -- this is what clients expect.
It is not clear that real client apps rely too much on YANG validation of
the config=false nodes in <operational>.

The validation of server provided monitoring data was not a focus of YANG.
It may not be valid to assume every sentence that applies to config=true
also applies to config=false.

Even the NMDA RFC ignores YANG validation of config=false nodes.
There is a paragraph that says it SHOULD be done, but it really refers
to how operational values of config=true MAY not pass validation.