On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 5:59 AM Shwetha Bhandari via Datatracker <
nore...@ietf.org> wrote:

> Reviewer: Shwetha Bhandari
> Review result: Has Nits
>
> I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
> ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
> These
> comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects
> of
> the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be
> included
> in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs
> should
> treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

> management datastores and returns diffs between the datastores as a
> yang-patch.
>
> While  most access management of the RPC, ensuring availability of the
> server
> by rate limiting are considered I have an open question to authors:
> where/how
> will operational metrics such as rate of requests received, errors, rate
> limiting if applied, server resources consumed to process the request etc,
> about this new RPC be defined and reported? This is useful information for
> server operation where this RPC is enabled.

There are no standard YANG objects to monitor the server resources.
This new operation is likely to consume a lot of resources so I understand
your concern.
The actual diff results may depend on implementation choices and impact
resources used.
E.g. comparing 2 datastores that are constantly changing while they are
being compared.

I am not sure what changes to the draft are needed at this time.
A resource monitoring module would be a generalized solution but it does
not belong in this draft.

Nits:
> The RESTCONF example content-type is json but it is set to
> application/yang-d
> that is not present in the registry - should it be
> application/yang-patch+json?

I think it is supposed to be application/yang-data+json