Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-19: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education), and some nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

Generic comment about the use of the word "file" (which means an object in a
file system for me) rather than something more generic (no suggestion to offer
though) ?

-- Section 1 --
The first 2 sentences are quite repetitive.

Is it about "offline delivery" or "exchange" ? At this point of reading the
document, it is still unclear in my mind what it is about... The rest of the
I-D made it clear.

Unclear which UC is either implemented or potential (even with the appendix);
could also add forward references to the appendix UC). Should the
implementation(s) be referenced if they are public ?

-- Section 1.1 --
Unsure why a "data set" should be named? The choice of words does not seem the
best fit (even though if I have no suggestions).

-- Section 2 --
Like some other ADs, I wonder why "The context data part MUST... except" is not
a "SHOULD" as there are exceptions.

What is the expected behaviour when the timestamp in the filename does not
match the meta data ?

-- Section 2.1 --
There is a "SHOULD" so when are exceptions/deviations acceptable ?

The description of "simplified" is really too simple ;-)

I would also appreciate that the order of the list matches the following
sub-sections order.

Thank you for using RFC 8792.

-- Section 4 --
Did the authors think about adding the party creating the file and adding an
optional signature in the file itself?

== NITS ==

-- Section 1 --
The first 2 sentences are quite repetitive. Missing "." At the end of the 1st §

Why is "Factory Default Setting" capitalised ?

-- Section 1.2 --
Why using the future tense "shall be" rather than "are" ?

-- Section 2.1.1 and others --
Suggest to warn the reader that the examples are further in the text in a
different section.

-- Section 6 --
A "," is missing.