(Removing RFC-editor from the list:)

On 2022-03-01, at 16:42, SADOVNIKOV, ALEXEI <as5...@att.com> wrote:

> I continue to doubt if this optimization continues to have value in presence
> of JSON processing, where such optimization is not possible.   I am expecting
> an implementation these days to implement both XML and JSON, and then it
> either implements something which can deal with unordered for both, or have
> two different implementations one of which is optimized.

This is very interesting also for YANG-CBOR.  We modeled our representation
after that used in YANG-JSON, but of course CBOR can be much more efficient (in
particular in conjunction with YANG-SIDs).
If there is a performance problem with the YANG-JSON approach that we could
work around on the CBOR side, I would certainly like to hear about it!

Grüße, Carsten