Thanks Jurgen. That didn't occur to me but I can see how that could work. The
origin declaration can be present in any element and inherited by descendants,
but only actually applies to everything except np-containers.  (the sentence I
quoted does indeed say " applies to" which doesn't preclude declaring against).