Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:
    >> 2) some kind of extension where when I *use* yang:ipv6-address that I
    >> say that it should be encoded in CBOR using tag <foo>.  Also specific
    >> to that document/module, but the YANG knows.  Russ speculated on the
    >> ways in which one could use the right yang extensions to do this
    >> without new syntax.

    > IMO (2) is the best approach - Extensions can be added inline or from a
    > different module using "deviate add" - could use 2 approaches: (1)
    > define a new type and (2) use an existing type + extension - Other
    > tools (like code generators and maybe SID file generator) can use the
    > extension

    > Something like:

    } leaf foo {
    }        type inet:ipv6-address;
    }        ext:cbor-type cbor:bin-ipv6-address;
    } }

    > Assumes that some module like ietf-cbor-types.yang is published with
    > appropriate replacement data types.

mcr> Is there some interest in doing this?
mcr> I guess the better question is, what are the objections?

andy> Strongly support.

I'm wondering also:

a) is there additional support from the core netmod crowd?

b) I watched the CBOR WG meeting and Carsten spoke about solving this
somehow.

c) I'm wondering where we do this work, and also when.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )