On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 9:31 AM Michael Richardson <m...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

> Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:
>     >> Fengchong (frank) <frank.fengch...@huawei.com> wrote:
>     >> > Hi Michael,
>     >> > You can use augment-structure to extend a yang structure.
>     >>
>     >> You can't use augment-structure to extend in-place an existing yang
>     >> structure
>     >> Augment-structure produces a new structure with a new name that has
> been
>     >> extended.
>
>     > No. It just adds nodes to the specified parent, the same as a regular
>     > augment.
>
> I think that you are mixing up my terminology, which is probably my fault:
>
> from
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/yang-doctors/rsstdJegAaDPIhHdgXNfCwOCwgo/

module: example-module

  structure address-book:
    +-- address* [last first]
       +-- last      string
       +-- first     string
       +-- street?   string
       +-- city?     string
       +-- state?    string

module: example-module-aug

  augment-structure /exm:address-book/exm:address:
    +-- county?    string
    +-- zipcode?   string

Result:

   exm:address-book
      exm:address
           exm:last
           exm:first
           exm:street
           exm:city
           exm:state
           exma:county
           exma:zipcode

The SID generation works as expected.
The SIDs for county and zipcode will be assigned in the example-module-aug
file.
There is only one /address-book/address structure in the 'exn' namespace.
Only the added leafs are in the 'exma' namespace.

Andy