Authors,

I may have missed it, but was the point below addressed?

On 7/3/2023 2:23 PM, Andy Bierman wrote:
YANG authors should not need to tag nodes with specific metrics at all.
I am not convinced that standardĀ tags like "counter," or "loss," or "delay" are useful.
IMO it would be better to keep standard tags in their own RFC(s),
especially something as complicated as metrics classification.

As contributor, I too have a hard time seeing the value of having tags that map directly to attributes such asĀ  delay, jitter, and loss - I'd expect the tags to map to classes not instances of attributes.

From a process perspective, can you explain why references in IETF tags, section 9.2, are not *normative*? (note some are not even lisyted in the references section.)

Thanks,

Lou