I support this work.  I think the authors have a number of good enhancements in
here.  I have a few comments:

  *   It feels like the problem statement section will get dated as this
document gets standardized.  I get wanting to rationalize the work, but I would
focus more on the solution.  Perhaps the rationale needs to be move to an
Appendix.
  *   On aliases, is there a plan to create a grouping of common aliases?  I
can see that being useful.
  *   Could Aliases be applied to VLANs?  I think it would be useful to be able
to match on a VLAN name or name class (match on VLAN SERVER, or Example, Co
VLANs).

Joe