This BIS document updates the YANG model with IETF inclusive language
guidelines as was done with the VRRP protocol specification itself.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-vrrp-rfc5798bis/
Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) Version 3 for IPv4 and IPv6
datatracker.ietf.org

It currently doesn’t conform to YANG backward guidelines. There are basically
three options:

    1. Treat the correction of non-inclusive language as necessary bug fix and
allow non-backward compatible changes.
    2. Keep all the old non-inclusive data leaves in the model with deprecated
status. At some point in future, these could be removed in a new document.
    3. Make this a completely new model - ietf-vrrp-2.yang.

The current individual draft is based on option 1. I had a conversation with
Lou and he suggested the 3 third option.

What are people’s opinion on this? Option 2 is my least favorite since it
doesn’t complete the job and given how long IETF document take (especially YANG
models), I probably won’t be actively participating long enough for the draft
which removes the deprecated options.

Thanks,
Acee