Hello NETMOD,
This new draft tries to define the inclusion of an existing YANG model into
another YANG model, without using grouping or augment.

The driving use cases are to reuse device-level modules (i.e. where the root
context is the device) into network-level YANG modules (i.e. where the root
context is the network, and to access a device context one must follow a path
such as /devices/device[id=deviceid]). One of these use cases is
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-collected-data-manifest/

The difference with Schema Mount (RFC8528) is that we focus on a pure YANG
solution (i.e. design-time), without the need to configure a server with the
content of the mount-points.

Best,
Jean