NETMOD WG,

In conjunction with Reshad’s email on module versioning, this updated YANG
Semver draft covers a lot of ground and is complimentary with that work.  Many
of these changes were raised on-list as part of our key issues.  They were also
discussed at IETF 118.

NOTE: Due to some changes moving from module versioning to Semver, I left out
IANA considerations in rev -13, so I recommend people view the diff from -12 to
-14 to get the full scope of the work (see
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url1=draft-ietf-netmod-yang-semver-12&url2=draft-ietf-netmod-yang-semver-14&difftype=--html)

Summary of the changes:

  *   With the removal of the revision-label-scheme, YANG Semver introduces the
concept of an artifact (i.e., module or package) version.
  *   This version is also augmented into ietf-yang-library (previously
described in module versioning).
  *   A new recommended-min-version extension was added to facilitate import by
YANG Semver (and multiple recommended-min-versions are permitted).
  *   The import rules have been simplified such that importing by
recommended-min-version follows – hopefully intuitive – numeric rules.
  *   A figure has been added in both module versioning and early-on in YANG
Semver to illustrate how YANG Semver works with branching.
  *   The namespace for YANG Semver has been renamed “ys”.  So the extension
for version is ys:version.

Joe (on behalf of the authors and contributors)