On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 7:01 AM Benoit Claise <benoit.cla...@huawei.com>
wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>

> On 3/21/2024 5:35 PM, Andy Bierman wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The presentation yesterday helped me understand the motivation for this
> work.
> Seems simple enough, but rife with unintended consequences.
> RFC 8528 does a good job of dealing with most of these issues, but it is
> not a design-time
> modification like this draft is proposing.
>
> I would like to see this work as part of yang-next, but not thrown in with
> YANG 1.1.
>
> Yes, we could always push enhancement to YANG-Next.However, don't we have
> enough requests now, not only from the IETF (
> draft-ietf-opsawg-collected-data-manifest
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-collected-data-manifest/>)
> but also from the BBF (Scott Mansfield) and 3GPP (Balazs), as mentioned in
> meeting
> minutes
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-119-netmod-202403210300/>?
> Let's keep in mind that
> I don't see YANG-Next being standardized any time soon.

I don't see how this type of Schema Mount can be achieved without
specifying which
modules are included at the mount point.  It looks like a special "import"
mechanism will be needed
so a YANG 1.1 tool does not think a module is being used at the top-level.

IMO it is a bad idea to reinvent parts of the YANG language as external
language statements.

Regards, Benoit

Andy