On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 11:01 PM Qin Wu <bill...@huawei.com> wrote:

> [...]

I cannot find any evidence that the module-tag extension is being used.
There are no standard protocol operations that use module tags.
YANG Doctors are not telling WGs to add module-tag extensions.

The tag mechanism has some value, although variables (i.e. RFC 7952
annotations)
would be much better than tags.

The IETF classifications should not be expanded since they are not even
being used now.
There is still some value in the vendor and user tags.

We have proprietary augments to get* operations and to NACM rules to use a
module-tag as a filter.
Node tags could be more useful. They could provide a simple way to use YANG
Push.
But maybe this makes more sense as a vendor or operator-configured feature.

-Qin

> Andy

Andy