I have a couple of comments and questions on philatelist. Overall, I think this
is important work, and I’m happy to see someone is working on it!

1)

In access-g it seems there is a reason why an identityref for method, and
containers with when statements were used instead of a choice with similarly
named containers.

The obvious awkwardness of configuring something like:

method get-local-url-once
get-static-url-once url https://bogo

vs:

get-static-url-once url https://bogo

I am curious to understand what reasons went into this decision. I suspect it
was for extensibility to make it easier for someone to expand on the available
options.

2)

For the access-path I noticed that there was not a way to deal with paths that
may themselves require a literal dollar sign followed by a literal parenthesis.
While this may not seem like a very likely path, it may be technically possible
in some systems. I was thinking a more complicated, but also more flexible
solution would be to use the IETF proposed standard URI Template
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6570

I think this might allow the easier construction of some more complicated URIs,
and is also simple enough for the usual case, which would be something like:

/if:interfaces/interface[name='{interfaces_interface_name}']/statistics/in-unicast-pkts

However, this solution has the same problem that there seems to be no way to
escape the braces! However, since literal braces are considered unsafe for URIs
in general, I think that is the reason, since you can just use percent encoding
on the braces for a URI.

I think the challenge is that while access-path may often _be_ a URI, it is not
guaranteed to be so. In addition, adding URI Template as a requirement for any
implementation does add some challenge although several libraries do exist.

So, I don't think URI Template works unless we can say that the access-path is
a URI fragment.

Another option might be to simply document that two dollar signs will be
converted into a single dollar sign, or pick an existing standard template
language.

3)

For device-groups it may be useful to allow the user to reference some other
part of the data model for the definition of some device-group. For example, a
path, using the same syntax as the abbreviated xpath syntax used for leafref
type in YANG could be used to reference some other set of leafs or a leaf-list.
If this could use operational as well as config data, then it would be
straightforward to reference for example an NSO device-group member list:
/devices/device-group[name='NE']/member.

Thanks,

James