Hi team,

I’m using Netsniff (primarily for mausezahn) in a large lab setup. I’ve
installed it successfully from source on Ubuntu 14.04 this morning, but when
trying to do the same on Debian 7.8 (wheezy), I run into the following error
when running the ‘make install’ phase. Note, I have tried this as root and as..
not root.

I suspect it’s the leading ` character not being understood.

neteam@dfn-1:~/netsniff-ng-0.5.9$ sudo make install
  INST  netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng
  INST  netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng.8.gz
install: cannot create regular file
`/usr/local/share/man/man8/netsniff-ng.8.gz': No such file or directory
make: *** [netsniff-ng_do_install] Error 1

Apologies if this has been reported/fixed elsewhere.

Thanks for your time,

James Burnett
Network Engineer
GÉANT - Cambridge Office
T: +44 (0)1223 371427
M: +44 (0) 791 45 02186

Networks • Services • People
Learn more at www.geant.org​<http://www.geant.org/>
​GEANT Limited, trading as GÉANT. Registered in England & Wales. Registration
Number 2806796. Registered Office – City House, 126-130 Hills Road, Cambridge
CB2 1PQ