Hi,

I'm trying to use netsniff-ng to run packet captures and save the pcaps
with either a timed interval or with a file size for long term packet
analysis.  Either way I try the process appears to be hanging or freezing
up as the captures won't continue to roll over into a new file.  It works
for a duration but will then fail.  Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Here's the way I launch netsniff-ng:

sudo nohup netsniff-ng --in bond0 --out . --prefix NOR- --interval 15min -s
-H -f "net 10.17.192.0/18" &

System info:
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

$sudo netsniff-ng -v

netsniff-ng 0.5.9+ (Cilonen), Git id: v0.5.9-1-g75162e7
the packet sniffing beast
http://www.netsniff-ng.org