In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  John-Mark Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Tony Moore wrote:
>
>> In  the
>> BBC says that "Over the coming months the BBC World Service will be
>> working on creating a new look and feel to the English site and we could
>> really use listeners help. ... To join in the discussions ... please
>> visit ... http://www.virtualsurveysdiscussion.com/news/express-signup "
>>
>> For me, using NetSurf, that link redirects to 'Access denied ...' at
>> http://www.virtualsurveysdiscussion.com/news/init-survey and no obvious
>> way of creating a new account.
>>
>> Does anyone else fare better?
>
>Given that the same thing happens using Firefox under Linux, it's highly
>likely that the site's broken.

Or busy?

I have managed to get to the survey using NetSurf. I even managed to
complete the survey, with NetSurf.

Off topic, the survey is hardly significant but having completed it
details of a research forum the BBC wants to set up appear.

http://www.virtualsurveysdiscussion.com/news/join-comm

Back on topic, slightly. If one could get on the forum then one could
agitate for open standards rather the MicoSoft-isms.

Even more back on topic. One thing NetSurf did get wrong was placing the
three graphics, "How to Listen" etc., over the text on the World Service
page, http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/over_to_you.shtml .
FireFox places them at the bottom of the page.

 --
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.