Michael Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>    Dave Symes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Open Html doc in NS and I need to search for the part of the doc that
> > has some * prefixed codes. F4 and enter a * in the "Find" dialogue. I
> > have not yet actioned the search, but NetSurf immediately goes cranky
> > with the eggtimer running, there's a beep and suddenly all 76 Mbytes of
> > spare memory have vanished and NS is complaining about running out of
> > memory etc...
>
> * is a wildcard which matches anything. There isn't an option to turn off
> wildcards. The * wildcard feature works when used with other letters in
> the search string.
>
> NetSurf shouldn't be using up all the memory anyway. Please open a bug
> report on the tracker.

I have noticed over the last few weeks of test builds that whenever I look
at the task manager, even soon after starting up, NetSurf has already
filled up its DA with 128MB, which didn't previously happen until you
browsed a lot of sites with images.

Its not a big problem for me as I don't use all of the Iyonix's 512M memory
very often, but on a Risc PC this will potentially eat everything. Plus I
don't think NetSurf's memory settings are having any affect on limiting the
DA. I'll see if I can find out more about this to add to the bug report.

Cheers
---Dave

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]