On 5 Sep 2008 Geoffrey Baxendale wrote:

> Ever since the "upgrade" to the parser I get random crashes, with
> Netsurf saying it has "encountered a serious error and must exit". I
> don't remember having had this for a long time.

> Sometimes this happens almost immediately and at other times I can use
> the program for ages without a problem. I don't want to file a spurious
> bug report as since no one else has commented on this I wonder if it is
> something strange on my system.

If you get a crash report it and submit the log. If it's a duplicate
the developers can close it.

> Any one else having the same problem?

Yes, I've logged numerous crashes for various reasons (segmentation
fault, aborted, floating point exception) but they didn't start with
the new parser so that could be a red herring. The low memory problem
certainly did start at about the time the new parser was incorporated.

> Kinetic RiscPC Adjust 4.39.

Kinetic RiscPC Select 6.10 on Adjust 4.39.
--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/