In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Roger Darlington
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2008, Michael Drake wrote:
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Roger
> >    Darlington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> So why does it not work when you use the third and much more obvious
> >> and visible alternative: The magnifying glass 'find'?

The Magnifying Glass tool is Search is it?

> > It searches the top level document, which is just a frameset in this
> > case and therefore has no content.

> Perhaps that is also a bug, then, as other browsers (Firefox, Safari,
> etc) do search more than just the frameset...

Good for them. Just because they work one way......

What's the point to developing a new browser (or anything for that
matter) which is no better than being the same as every other boring
piece of windows crap? Software development is not limited to emulation.
Something is not good just because 95% of idiots think so.

> I think that perhaps it is the act of clicking on the page to show it
> which to search, and then clicking on a magnifying glass which
> confuses it and it starts searching where the magnifying glass is?

It is not confused. You are.  ;-)

> And of course, it finds nothing...

. . . because it's the scale view tool!   :-D

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com