In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          "Torrens (lists)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Streetmap's old site
>http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newdefaulte2.htm
>
>There is a peculiarity in Netsurf ( r5886 )
>
>If you type in a postcode, Streetmap finds it OK.
>
>But if you drag and drop the same postcode, then click on Search,
>Streetmap returns an error page (which gets displayed as text).
>
>So why is drag and drop into Netsurf giving the wrong thing? CTRL C-V
>works as drag and drop.

I think it is a soft space when you type but a hard space when you drag
abd drop or CTRL C-V

Testing on one of my site's that uses forms I did a type and got this
result:

<http://kevsoft.co.uk/mp/results2.php?answer=%22real+ale%22>

Using CTRL C to copy and CTRL V to paste I got this result

<http://kevsoft.co.uk/mp/results2.php?answer=%22real%C2%A0ale%22>

--
Kev Wells  http://riscos.kevsoft.co.uk/
http://kevsoft.co.uk/   http://kevsoft.co.uk/AleQuest/