On 8 Dec 2008, Jim Nagel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Drake  wrote on 8 Dec:
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> >    Jim Nagel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > the gotcha, as i discovered the hard way, is that Netsurf gives
> > > this URL a filename that is the same as the leafname of the URL.
> > > which in the case of http://www.avisoft.force9.co.uk/TaskUsage.htm
> > > was TaskUsage, which happened also to be the name of the main
> > > module within the app.
>
> > Iconbar menu > Choices...  Open the "Interface" section and untick
> > "Strip filename extensions when saving".
>
> OK, that saves my URL as "taskusage/htm".  it isn't an HTML file, but
> i guess i can live with this inelegancy since it makes the gotcha less
> likely to happen.

That doesn't solve the problem. If a link points to, say, download.zip ,
both the downloaded zip, and the saved url file, will have the leafname
download/zip , so that one overwrites the other.

I would support Jim's earlier suggestion that the url file should be
named with a /url extension. Even download/zip/url would be ok.

Tony