In article <5035a76bd8ian.hamil...@aaug.net>, Ian Hamilton
<ian.hamil...@aaug.net> wrote:

> I raised this on the tracker list as 2133915 but it has been closed but
> not fixed. The search box at the top of www.play.com (between 'All
> products' and 'Search' displays as a narrow bar rather than the correct
> width. If text is entered the box width changes to the length of the
> text.

The culprit seems to be <input  type="text" name="searchstring" value="">.

If it had a size="n" (or equivalent CSS) attribute I think Netsurf
wouldn't assume a length of zero, even though maybe it shouldn't. Perhaps
your bug report was closed because someone thought a zero length field
makes sense.  ;-)

In the meantime, you could use this link for play.com searching:
http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchstring=type+here

HTH

Tim Hill,

www.timil.com