On 19 May, Simon Smith  wrote in message
  <80819a5d50.zen44...@zen.co.uk>:

> My preferred desktop font is Homerton Medium, which does not contain a glyph
> for the hollow up-arrow sometimes used to indicate Shift in application
> menus. For example, NetSurf tells me that to save a page I should press F3,
> and to full-save a page I should press ... F3. I can get the symbol back by
> reverting to the system font, which I'd rather not do. Are there any other
> work-arounds? NetSurf is not the only victim, although it is the main app. I
> use that's affected - mainly because Netsurf actually troubles to mention
> the shortcuts it uses in its menus.

IIRC it's an issue with the way that RISC OS 5's Font Manager handles the Wimp
symbols in conjunction with certain fonts.  It was discussed in depth on the
Iyonix support list a while back and, again IIRC, one of those people with
more knowledge of the subject than me explained what the solution was.

Since it's nothing to do with NetSurf, you probably want to ask the
question again over there.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/