In article <4c6a9b0d0909160539q561ea62aj8996cbfdc7813...@mail.gmail.com>,
   A W <aw29...@gmail.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> Can you not just take some time out and modify the RO front end?

I know the answer is going to be: If <insert name> has the time and
enthusiasm, why doesn't <insert name> do the job?

Round-and-round we go.

It has been stated clearly here and elsewhere that the (former RISC OS)
developers have moved on and don't use RISC OS as much as some of the
rest of us (probably partly because RISC OS lacks a fully capable
browser!!!!;). What I believe is needed is a RISC OS devotee who both has
the time and the ability to program in whatever environment is suited to
continued development of the RISC OS version. Some of us may think we
could do it if it was in well commented BBC Basic but I suspect that not
to be the case!

Personally, the only way I could do it would be to learn the rest of 'C'
first and then get stuck in to the probable hours, days, weeks, months
necessary. I and others need to eat, pay bills and have a roof above.
Bluntly, if users stump up some cash, I or someone else could do it after
a bit of re-training.

In the meantime, continued begging at the feet of the developers is
unlikely to bear fruit. They have moved on. Though why onto other
platforms replete with more capable browsers may remain a mystery to some
of us. ;-)

Are there 500 user of the RISC OS version of NetSurf willing to donate £4
a month to support a developer?

www.pledgebank.com/netsurf4riscos

Go on, prove the septics wrong....

--