On 29 Sep 2009 Dr Peter Young wrote:

> I imagine that this is the fault of what seems to be a thoroughly
> bloated site rather than of NetSurf, but I'd like an expert opinion,
> particularly as to whether I should submit a bug report.

> first page on a 500MB Iyonix (RISC OS 5.14 and NetSurf r9597) with
> FreeMem initially reporting 425MB free, reduces the free memory to
> 286MB, with warnings that NetSurf is running out of memory. There are
> also a lot of "Error converting png" messages during the loading,
> which takes well over 30 seconds.

It seems to work OK on my RiscPC but NS has an 84MB DA which it
doesn't release when the window is closed.

This page does show up one of the most irritating features of NS - it
it's formatting a page with a lot of graphics, and especially if you
scroll down, the whole page dances up and down for many seconds. It
didn't used to do this and it's really not acceptable. Why can't it
work out how much space it needs for images if it's told, or do the
whole lot in one go if it isn't?
--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/