On 20 Nov 2009, Dr Peter Young wrote:
> On 20 Nov 2009  "Gerald Dodson" <gerald.dod...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> November 15 version:
>
>> On first accessing the BBC weather site the part of the page initially
>> shown is blank and there is a error occurs with a png. Stepping down
>> results in the image on the lower part of the page being shown and on
>> returning to the top part that appears correctly.
>
>> So far I have not had memory problems but with this version I have had a
>> message to say Netsurf running short.
>
>> Any comments?
>
> Only ignorant ones from someone who doesn't understand the
> technicalities :-(
>
> This is with RISC OS 5.14 and NetSurf r9677 and broadband.
>
> The BBC sites in general seem to be getting more and more bloated. The
> BBC front page, which I have as my home page, with its 100+ images
> (really needed?) takes 25 seconds or so to load, and I can no longer
> edit it significantly. It takes quite a time to load in Windows
> Firefox, too, though I haven't timed it.
>
> I've given up on the BBC weather sites, for just the reason that
> Gerald mentions. The Metcheck sites (try
> http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=GL52%203DS

Unfortunately, yet again, the synoptic charts (in NetSurf) (isobars)
are static, and do not respond to T+12, T+24 etc, nor to nudge
up/nudge down. In fact, I haven't found any 'animated' Synoptic Charts
that work on Netsurf.

Yes, I know I can download the Non-javascript version, but that is not
as easy to see the progression of the isobars, since all the graphs
are displayed at once, and not animated in the same place.

--

Cheers
Roger