Dave Symes  wrote on 2 Apr:

> In Publisher, select the bit of text that's the URL.
> Menu-File-Save selected text (Ctrl-F3) As Text without styles etc Drag the
> Save Icon to the NetSurf URL bar.
> Robert is your ...

> Similar with Ovation Pro.
> Menu-File-Save Selection as text, drag to URL bar.

thanks for the workaround.  that does work.  quite a few more clicks
and stuff than Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V would be.

would still like to know why Ctrl-V fails to work in the Netsurf URL
bar, whereas it works in lots of other places and apps INCLUDING the
Google search box within the Netsurf page.

how can we investigate what bytes are actually on the clipboard when
we have copied (Ctrl-C) something onto it?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk