> In article
> <20100722091803.660ac...@trite.i.flarn.net.i.flarn.net>,
>    Rob Kendrick <r...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:42:25 +0100
> > Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.li...@phone.coop> wrote:

> > > Twice in the last week or so I have downloaded zipped
> > > archives from MW Software, using r10638.

> > > In both cases I did not get an archive icon to drag to a
> > > filer window, but the NetSurf window filled up with the
> > > data.

> > Can you give us an example URL that demonstrates this?

> Given that in both cases I was downloading paid for software
> and had to enter username and password, I am not at liberty
> to do so. You would have to take that up with the owner.

> I was downloading the PostScript 3 Printer Driver and
> Easiwriter 8.82

Out of interest I took a look at the password protected Artworks area on
the MW site and can confirm that, there too, the download data fills the
browser page with data. However... on the area of the site where there
are free software downloads a normal "Netsurf Download" box with a
draggable icon appears.

By way of comparison Firefox on Win7 treats both downloads the same
offering a 'save' or 'open' option and not filling the browser window
with data.

Netsurf r10656

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA