In article <5147296f0dt...@netsurf-browser.org>, Michael Drake
<t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> In article <5145a44f1dris...@gotadsl.co.uk>, Richard Ashbery
>    <ris...@gotadsl.co.uk> wrote:

> > I think I asked before but have forgotten what the answer was -
> > can the scrolling be made faster as in EasiWriter and StrongED?

> Not sure what you mean.  If you mean scrolling with a mouse
> scrollwheel, then you can configure how fast it goes on a
> per-application basis in HID.

I do mean scrolling with the mouse scrollwheel - unfortunately I have
never been able to get HID to work with my Logitech LX3. As soon as I
run HID the pointer disappears so I am unable to configure it. Has
anyone else had this problem?

> If you mean the general redraw speed (e.g. when dragging the
> scrollbar), then there is little that can be done to speed it up.
> It's already fast here.  Are there any pages that scroll
> particularly slowly?

The amount the scroll bar moves in one physical movement of the mouse
scrollwheel is the problem not the redraw speed.

This is not a scientific test but hopefully will illustrate what I
mean. Load the following webpage......

http://www.riscos.info/index.php/MassFS_OtherDevs_entries.

Copy the page into a StrongED text document and place side by side on
the screen.

Start at the top of the NetSurf page and use the scroll wheel to
scroll down to the bottom. Count the number of times you have to move
the scroll wheel to get to the bottom of the page. Do the same for the
StrongED document. In NetSurf it takes about 23 wheel movements to do
this but in StrongED it takes only 5.

Richard
(Using RISC OS 5.13. I am going to update but so many other things get
in the way)