In article <519c9f4858joh...@ukgateway.net>,
   John Williams <joh...@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> I have noticed recently that the NetSurf download for RISC OS varies
> between zip (&a91) and archive (&ddc) between versions.

> So, is the variation of archive type just an accident of convenience for
> members of the team, and are any other users affected practically by this
> inconsistency?

The NetSurf archives are always zip files.  Sounds like something on your
system gives them different RISC OS filetypes when they're downloaded.  Do
you use different apps to download NetSurf?

Archive (&ddc) is always used for .zip files here.

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/