In message <51b749bbd1bbai...@argonet.co.uk>
          Brian Bailey <bbai...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>I am intrigued by the successive improvement and development of Netsurf.
>Periodically I load a personal favourite page in Wikepedia, just to see
>what changes are apparent in performance. It would seem that loading and
>rendering of that page does indeed vary.
>
>To what extent can one expect verbose logging to slow things down (I use a
>rather slow machine, which I am not going to change this side of
>Christmas). Is it possible to turn verbose logging on/off.

Not tested, but in the !Run file near the bottom is the following line:

Run <NetSurf$Dir>.!RunImage -v %*0 2><Wimp$ScrapDir>.WWW.NetSurf.Log

If you put a | before the <Wimp$ScrapDir>.WWW.NetSurf.Log that should
disable the logging.

Unless their is anything in the Netsurf code itself that expects to
write to the log it should work, but I'm offering no guarantees.

--
Kev Wells  http://riscos.kevsoft.co.uk/
http://kevsoft.co.uk/   http://kevsoft.co.uk/AleQuest/