I've recently come across two examples where text is invisible because
it is the same colour as the background.

The first is http://www.robinhoodpub.co.uk/ then click on the "Eat"
icon. This loads menu1.htm into an iframe in a table cell.

 The table has class Background2 which doesn't specify a colour:

.Background2 {
     background-image: url(images/graphics/brickmakers.jpg);
     background-repeat: no-repeat;
     background-position: left top;
}

The main body is class Colour1 which is grey:

.Colour1 {
     background-color: #999999;
}

.Colour3 {
     background-color: transparent;
}

Then the menu items are white e.g.:

.Body1 {
     font-size: 12px;
     color: #FFFFFF;
     font-weight: normal;
}

The problem seems to be that NetSurf has given the iframe a white
background and ignored the transparency. The background image is
present surrounding the iframe.

The second example is different. In
http://www.bridgeaudio.co.uk/micsprices.htm .
This is crap html generated by Lotus Word Pro.

<BODY BGCOLOR="orange">
<FONT FACE = "Arial">
<FONT COLOR = "Yellow">

<TABLE ALIGN=CENTER BORDER =8 CELLSPACING=4 CELLPADDING=4 WIDTH=100%>

<TR ALIGN=CENTER VALIGN=TOP>
  <TD  BGCOLOR = "Yellow" ><B><H2>AKG HANDHELD MICROPHONES</TD>
</TABLE>

Anyway there's a 'presentational hint' that the default text colour
should be yellow. The table cells have a background colour which is
also yellow. Other browsers default the text colour inside the table
cells to black so the text shows up.

Before I raise a bug report is this behaviour correct, incorrect or
unspecified?

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com