On 29 Aug 2011  Michael Bell <mich...@beaverbell.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <520a42849bt...@netsurf-browser.org>
>           Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

>> In article
>> <5b13461198a73e4181c24862591b2b7776b...@ch1prd0102mb121.prod.exchangel
>> abs.com>,
>>    Mr Robin Lawrence <lawre...@uqconnect.net> wrote:

>>> Hi there I haven't used my Iyonix for a while and today I tried to use
>>> Netsurf v2.7 with google custom search and I got the message about
>>> Java.......... I looked at google and it said that this service was
>>> depreciated but will still have limited access.

>> The version of google search used from the NetSurf homepage supplied with
>> that version of NetSurf does not work.

>> Either use a test build:

>>     http://www.netsurf-browser.org/downloads/riscos/testbuilds

>> Or copy the homepage from the test build over the one in your NetSurf 2.7
>> installation.  It is located in the !NetSurf.Docs.welcome directory.

> Netsurf may not have Java but it can be a lot quicker to search in
                       ^^^^  Java_Script_!

It doesn't have Java, either, but JavaScript is the main missing bit.
However, as for Michael, NetSurf works a lot quicker for me than
Windows Firefox, if JavaScript isn't involved. Many thanks to all the
developers.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.