In message <521d1098d6d...@triffid.co.uk>
          Dave Symes <d...@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <1195071d52.thebe...@sarno.freeserve.co.uk>,
>    Geoffrey Baxendale <thebe...@sarno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
> > Hi Dave,
>
> > Is it giving you the mobile site? I have just used it and that is what
> > it did. Previously my saved login page was for the mobile site but after
> > entering the password the rest was as normal. I have been away so my
> > version of NS is r12793. Haven't tried the latest release.
>
> > (To get to the desktop site click that link.)
>
> Thanks Geoff, that did the trick.
>
> I've just been clickin the same button I've been using on the first login
> page for years, now suddenly the (Illegitimates) change it for mobiles.
>
> Anyway, sorted now.
> Dave
>
> I really can't see why any sane person would want to use a mobile phone to
> do anything network related.
> I have a Smartphone that's got more whistles and bells than the command
> deck of the USS Enterprise, but after trying out all this w&b stuff when I
> first got it, I've given up, the tedium of waiting for web pages to
> display on a mobile phone is worse than waiting for paint to dry.

I finally succumbed to a smart phone (HTC Desire) about a year ago
and have never regretted it.  Admittedly, most of my browsing on it
is done via wi-fi rather than 3G, and on the occasions I've used 3G
I've found its coverage rather patchy.  Nevertheless I'd rather have
it than not.  Occasionally it's saved me money by being able to
compare prices for stuff that we were looking at buying.

Dave