In article <5228d86a93joh...@ukgateway.net>,
   John Williams <joh...@ukgateway.net> wrote:
>  I find that, whilst a URL file containing:

>         http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm/#latenight

> takes me directly to the Late section in NetSurf, the same URL sent from
> PHP as a header('Location: ...) function seems to lose the fragment
> identifier altogether and just loads the base page.

> I am puzzled as to why this only happens with NetSurf.

This might be completely unconnected, but I have noticed that if I drag a
URL containing a fragment identifier from NetSurf to something else
(StrongEd, WebWonder, or whatever) only the base URL gets copied across,
like this, in the example above:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm

Regards

--