The following bytes were arranged on 26 Apr 2012 by Brian Jordan :

> In article <52869aceb1dhw...@talktalk.net>, David H Wild
> <dhw...@talktalk.net> wrote:
> >

> [Snip]
>
> > It does it here on my RPC 6.20 with r13571 as long as the picture is on
> > the screen. Moving the page so that the picture is off the display
> > stops the flicker but moving it back restarts the flickering.
>
> Cat-> pigeons
>
> On my emulated machine (details in sig) and NetSurf r13571 I see no
> evidence of this flickering, just the pointing hand.

Can I just voice what seems to me to be the most screamingly obvious
theory?

Everyone seeing the flickering is using a real StrongARM RiscPC or
similar.  Everyone not seeing the flickering is using an Iyonix or
better, or StrongARM VRPC (which has an option to go much faster than a
real StrongARM).

Therefore, the hourglass problem is caused by your processor not being
fast enough to process whatever it is that page is doing.

(PS: I don't see it on this Iyonix either.)
--
  __<^>__   === RISC OS is a work of art.  Some people adore it,  ===
 / _   _ \  === others can't see the point of it, and it's really ===