On 07/07/2012 11:51, Paul Sprangers wrote:
Anyhow, bear in mind that the current version of TTF2f will freeze
the machine when used with very large fonts on RISC OS 5.16 and
beyond. A short e-mail exchange between John-Mark Bell and me, about
one year ago, hasn't yet led to a solution.

It's an excessively long period of single tasking, as opposed to a
freeze, which to me at least means it doesn't come back again.

I re-discovered this the other week when running up NetSurf after
cleaning !Scrap as part of performing a backup. My fonts include ArialMS
and Cyberbit, both of which take about 30 seconds to even display 1% complete. I've now locked the cache file to avoid deleting it and having to undergo the long wait again - which is longer than I actually use the machine for in most months.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: dr...@druck.org.uk