On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 09:53 +0100, David H Wild wrote:
> In article <52d7fa45b1t...@netsurf-browser.org>, Michael Drake
> <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> > In article <52d7f97c49dhw...@talktalk.net>, David H Wild
> >    <dhw...@talktalk.net> wrote:
>
> > > The readme file needs replacing, as it applies to the older system and
> > > tells you how to install the boot and system files which are not
> > > supplied with the new version.
>
> > The !Boot and !System directories will be added at some point.
>
> I still think that the readme file should reflect what is in the ip file.
> It wouldn't be much work to change it when needed.

Firstly, development builds come with a very large health warning as
they represent the current state of development which, in all
likelihood, is broken. Please don't confuse them with stable, numbered,
release versions.

Secondly, we have not yet announced the return of development builds for
general use. Michael requested early feedback about the stability of the
software only so we could see how widespread a problem the machine
freezing behaviour was. There will be an announcement when development
builds are available for general use; right now, they should be
considered harmful.

J.