In message <d746bed852.a...@ntlworld.com>
          Alan Leighton <alan.leight...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> In message <506be1e3.1010...@druck.org.uk>
>           "David J. Ruck" <dr...@druck.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 02/10/2012 18:49, Vincent Sanders wrote:
>>>   * The Continuous Integration (CI) builds are produced for the
>>>     NetSurf Developers.
>
>> In which case to avoid the confusion which has enviably arisen, please
>> can information and discussion on the CI builds be posted to
>> netsurf-developers mailing list, and netsurf-users be kept for
>> discussion of release and beta builds.
>
>> With all due respect, there are a large number of users on netsurf-users
>> who will not be able to produce bug reports of sufficient detail from
>> the CI build to be useful to developers, and are best sticking to the
>> beta builds to avoid undue distribution to both themselves and developers.
>
> Could not put it better David for many of us it is wait for the next,
> for the beta builds,  Thanks, Alan

[snip]

If you want stability, use 2.9. If you want to help development of 3.0
and can tolerate the occasional crash/freeze*, use the latest builds.
Simples.

George

(*as it clearly states on the Netsurf site, use of the development
builds is at the user's risk. As for quality of bug reports, it is
alwasy open to the developers to ask for more/better info on any
particular report. FWIW, I have found the 28-9_19-54-37 build to be
both much faster and stable on my RPCEmu 0.8.9/4.02 Win7 installation)

--
george greenfield