On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 22:16:41 +0000 (GMT), Chris Gransden wrote:

> In article <20121107215800.GB2863@somnambulist.local>,
>    Daniel Silverstone <dsilv...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
>
> > Until and unless we can get libmozjs ported to RISC OS, it'll be jsoff there
> > all the time :-(
>
> I got 1.8 and 1.7 to build for RISC OS. The javascript shell runs ok but
> !NetSurf crashes as soon as it hits some javascript. That's as far as I
> got.

Sounds like the problem I was getting, which this patch fixes:
http://git.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/patch/?id=24c43ea6a210cd1b98e911d989de400ef343e7bb

NetSurf won't build with 1.70 (yet), and me and Ole can't get 1.80 to
work on big-endian hosts, but if that is an endian problem it's not
going to be relevant for RISC OS/ARM.  Beyond 1.80 you're into C++ and
NSPR territory, whch adds porting complexity and increasingly bloaty
executables.

Chris