On 22 Nov 2012, Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> In article <60245ff252.harr...@blueyonder.co.uk>,
>    Harriet Bazley <li...@orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Recently I've been suffering increasingly frequent corruption of my
> > NetSurf hotlist
>
> The hotlist gets truncated when it fails to save one of the entries.
>
> Since hotlist load/save was ported from libxml to libdom it has failed
> to handle HTML entities.  So the hotlist will get truncated before the
> first entry to contain an "unusual" character.

Looking at the Hotlist files posted by Richard Torrens, the entry which
caused the truncation was (on one line):

   <li><a href="http://www.vivastreet.co.uk/east-anglia";>
   &#8226;&#8226;&#9655; East Anglia Free ads, East Anglia classifieds,
   East Anglia FREE CLASSIFIED ADS, 450,000+ free classifieds in the
   UK</a></li>

A possible temporary workaround would be to edit each title, in the
Hotlist window, to remove 'unusual' characters - in this case
&#8226;&#8226;&#9655; - before quitting NetSurf (so saving the file).

Tony