On 3 Dec 2012 Jim Nagel  wrote:

> Would it be a big thing to provide a warning when a page contains
> Javascript that Netsurf cannot render?

I suspect that it would! For a start it would have to work out whether
there was an adequate <noscript> section.

> This would save my non-techie wife the frustration that a site
> "doesn't work", and calling me down from upstairs to explain yet
> again.  (And other new users, not just a particular wife.)

> Maybe a little box down in the bottom left near the "Fetching,
> processing" message.  Or maybe red text appended to that message.

> Or even a message that comes up when she tries to click on an
> inoperative button.  I have no idea of the programming effort this
> would entail, though I suspect any such sensitivity to particular
> areas of a page would itself depend on Javascript "mouse-over".

It usually tells you at the bottom of the window if a form cannot be
submitted or if a button links to javascript. Of course I would love
to have a mechanism to submit a form where there is no text input
field or submit button.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com