On 16 Dec 2012  Vincent Sanders <vi...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> OK, the CI system just built #740 with a spidermonkey 1.8.5 library
> with the JIT disabled as suggested by Chris Gransden. Can this be
> tried by someone with access to RISC OS? and please be aware this may
> well behave very badly indeed.

> If this fails I have now successfully built 1.7.0 for RISC OS (though
> not run tested) so the possibility of using an older known working
> version exists.

> Please remember to enable javascript via the nice shiny new
> configuration interface Steve Fryatt has provided.

Just downloaded this build; ARMini, RISC OS 5.19, (16 May 2012).

Mixed results, but not helped much because I don't really know what
I'm looking for!. All my usual pages seem to work OK:

www.groups.google.com/ looks as if it's repeatedly trying to load and failing;
this worked with previous builds.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/near-me/branches/cheltenham-and-north-cotswold-branch
(sorry, should be all one line) still doesn't format as it does in
Windows Firefox; the "About us" and "Contact" should be two separate
tabs; no idea if this is a JavaScript thing.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=GL52%203DS

is still missing a lot of detail compared with Firefox, and the "Conf"
icons down the right hand side deliver only a part of their content.

Like many others I'm very grateful that JavaScript is being worked on,
but I think there's still a way to go. If testing by an ignoramus is
worth it, please suggest to me some other sites to try.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Ta) and family