On 18 Mar 2013  John Rickman Iyonix <rick...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> Michael Drake  wrote

>> In article <532e67d218cvj...@waitrose.com>,
>>    Chris Newman <cvj...@waitrose.com> wrote:

>>> I've lost the link to !Fetch_NS.

>> Out of interest, why don't people just visit

>>   http://ci.netsurf-browser.org/builds/riscos/?C=M;O=D

>> And download either of the top two archives (depending on whether they
>> want a JavaScript build), and run it like any other peice of software?

>> At least they'll know what software they're running if they fetched it
>> themselves.

> Its because, on a good day**, it will automatically delete the current
> version of NetSurf and replace it with the latest version if it has
> changed.

I totally agree with this reason for using Fetch_NS. Mind you, I think
there are more than one version of it floating around; the one I have
says it's version 2.10, but I can't remember who wrote this. It's
certainly very different from the original version. A note in the !Run
file says, "This is a seriously modified version of John Williams'
Fetch_NS."

> FWIW I always look at the development site to see what has changed. If
> NS has changed and the change is likely to be relevant to RISC OS then
> I run the fetch program.

Pardon my ignorance, but where can find what has changed? I've looked
for this, but have never found it, not that it would make a whole lot
of sense to me, perhaps!

> ** on a bad day the fetch works but the fetcher stops saying it can't
> find the file it has just down loaded. (...vita brevis est)

Never had that happen here!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--