In article <c089fb5c53.br...@helpful.demon.co.uk>, Bryan Hogan
<nets...@helpful.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Visiting this page with NetSurf build #1257 on my Omega (300MHz
> StrongARM, RISC OS 4.39, 1920x1080x16m) is very slow:

>   http://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6753

[Snip]

This seems to be the actual image being downloaded:
http://stardot.org.uk/forums//download/file.php?id=6693

It's a pity really that *. don't use PHP to download a more
appropriately-sized image for display on the page, with a link for the
big version for those who want it.

http://www.white-hat-web-design.co.uk/blog/resizing-images-with-php/

Displaying a 5109x3387 full colour image at 600x398 (or whatever it is)
is considered 'bad form' and obviously requires the image to be resized
each time NetSurf displays it onscreen. Perhaps NetSurf should be caching
the smaller version it creates for longer?

> I tried switching the Image options to "Use OS" and the image memory
> up to 100MB but it made no difference.

How long does it take for ChangeFSI to resize it to 600x398? About a
minute on this Iyonix. I don't think its entirely a NetSurf issue or a
memory size issue but a processor speed  and an unfortunate web page
authoring issue. A side effect of a CMS no doubt.