Now that it is possible to select and delete areas in textboxes without
crashing NetSurf, would it be possible to have areas deleted by
overtyping automatically cut to the clipboard, a la Impression?  Or at
least have a "do you really want to do this?" warning, a la
Impression II?

Currently it seems all too easy to jog the mouse and accidentally select
a block above the cursor, which results in everything you have just
written being wiped out unintentionally as you continue to type - I'm
not clear if this is a bug or a side-effect of my mousing/typing style,
but it happens quite often.   It used to cause a crash and the loss of
all data, but now only causes the loss of a section of the text.   :-)

But this could be easily reversed if the lost text defaulted to a Ctrl-X
action:  it *is* possible already to select a section, cut it to the
clipboard, and paste it elsewhere.  It would be nice (and safer) if
overtyping had the same effect.   The main argument I can see against it
is that people might conceivably want to copy text to the clipboard,
delete a block of text by overtyping with a backspace, and then paste
the former clipboard contents;  I'm so used to working with Impression
that I expect deleted text to get clipped.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Today is the last day of your life so far.