On 17 Dec 2013 Vincent Sanders  wrote:

> I have to be pretty harsh in my triage and will close incomplete bugs
> (especially anonymous ones) without a detailed examination. These may
> be reopened by the reporter but I request that as much information is
> provided as you can.

I'm getting a number of bug reports closed because there is
insufficient information to investigate them. This is fair enough but
I wonder if it's still worth reporting random crashes which are not
easily reproduceable if the logs don't give sufficient information to
locate the problem?

It's not feasible to keep a manual log of every keystroke and mouse
click just in case Netsurf crashes because most of the time it
doesn't. In any case the crash may have been triggered by data coming
back from a web server, or by other activity on the host computer.

I realise that it's not possible to log everything both because it
would take up a lot of space and also because of security and privacy
implications. That said, if I crashed it on a pr0n site (a hypo-
thetical situation, you understand) you wouldn't get a report anyway!

It's possible that I was unable to upload the log file because of
problems with Sourceforge but if so I can usually provide them by
email (I have 280 on file). I hope that this is no longer a problem
now that we have the new system in place so I'll resume bug reporting.

Regards,
--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com