On 31 Dec 2013 Tim Hill  wrote:

> In article <bf3768c253.zen44...@zen.co.uk>, Simon Smith
> <simon_sm...@zen.co.uk> wrote:
>> When you save a local copy of a web page with NetSurf you get an icon
>> file  which is a tiny thumbnail view of the entire web page. I don't
>> like these very much - I find them untidy. Given that you can control
>> whether or not iconised windows use thumbnail images, it's a bit odd
>> that one has no control at all over the 'saved page icons'.

> It isn't odd at all. Different things are done differently by different
> things. I am sure the NS devs thought that an iconised page was ideal. I
> tend to agree. It harmonises with the current history display by having
> the 'same' thumbnails.

I guess the real question is whether you want to save a web page as an
application or just as a directory with an index.html file. It can be
convenient just to double-click on the app although in practice the
main reason I use "full save" is to save all the image files in one go
in which case a normal directory would do. The 'large' filer icon is
really too small to be useful as a thumbnail but I don't have a
problem with its use as such.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com